Wednesday, July 4, 2007

What do I do to my tongue?

The great problem I find with myself... My tongue... Yes, When I'm angry with someone, I use such harsh words to show out my anger, my disagreement... Worse of all, I know I'm being harsh, when I'm being harsh... Its instant... I don't realise it later... I realise it while I'm speaking only!!! And at that point, I either feel that person deserves the harsh words, or that I will have to vent out my feelings then and there... to keep myself going...

Now, you can tell me, "No man is perfect"... But once I'm done with making the other person feel bad, I end up cribbing to myself, about myself, the whole day... I end up feeling guilty the whole day... Thr's a kural in tamil, which says,

Theeyinaar sutta pun ullaarum aaraathey
naavinaal sutta vadu

I dunno if I'm placing the words correctly... It means... A Burn on your skin heals in some time, but the harsh words that some person used against you stays for life, as a mark... This kural comes to my mind every time I hurt some one with my harsh words... But the kural works the other way also for me... My words not only hurt the person against whom I used it... It hurts me also, equally...

My mom used to say, "Vrichika raasi kaaranga thel kotra maadhiri dhaan pesuvaanga"... Meaning, People with the scorpio sun sign, use words which hurt as much as a scorpion's sting.. very true with me....

Lets see when I'm able to change this baaad habit of mine..

No comments: